- Kadai / Pan
- Cups for mixing Water
Server For : 3-4 Member
- Toor Dal / Thuvaram Paruppu ( 1 cup )
- Red Chilly (2 Nos )
- Pepper (Milagu)
- Asafoetida (As per the need)
- Salt ( Small Pinch )
- Oil - 3/4 - 1 Tsp
Pepper : In Vaathima Graamam, people will not use pepper, because they are not used to eat food that are too spicy. On the other hand, Iyer Vadama From tanjore side are prone to eat spicy foods. Try with No pepper, Less pepper and more pepper.
Chilly : If you are a spicy foodie, add few extra pieces of red chilly.
Thogayal Preparation Method :
1. Heat oil in pan. Add the Mixtures (Toor Dal, Pepper , Red Chilly, Asafoetida) and roast it till it becomes golden brown. Allow it to cool for some time.
2. After cooling, Add salt as per the need.
3. Grind the Mixture, add water to make the mixture as a paste. Keep adding water and maintain a semi-solid state of mixture.
Paruppu thogayal a simple, easy and an effective dish. It can be a Main-course dish where we can mix with Rice and Vatha-Kozhambu / Milagu Kozhambu as side dish or Thogayal can be a good side dish for Rasam Rice / Mor-Kozhambu Rice.